Thursday, March 24, 2011

Starting the blogging journey

I am a homemaker.  Some people call me a stay at home mom, but I like homemaker better because I think it best describes what I do.  I don't just stay home, I make home a pleasant place to live!  Well, I TRY.
Before my husband and I got married, we both agreed that I would stay home with the kids when they came along and he would do the outside work to provide financially for our family.  Kids came quickly, and we had a honeymoon baby 9 months and one week after our marriage!  Some aspects of homemaking were fairly easy for me, like loving my little baby, and other babies that followed, playing with, reading and singing to my kids, having family scriptures and prayer.  All these things are very important in making sure children feel loved and inviting the Spirit into a home!  There were many other homemaking tasks, however, that did not come so naturally, i.e. cooking from scratch, menu planning, eating mostly whole grains (and making them taste good), getting stains out of laundry, organizing papers, clothes, and everything else, keeping clutter down, building, rotating and using food storage, sewing more than just an apron, I could go on for hours, but the point is that I have been learning and working on these things over the years and I'm still working on it.  This blog is dedicatied to those who, like me, seep to have been born without the natural tendencies some people have to effortlessly keep their home immaculate.  This is not about perfection, but more about learning and improving and simplifying, and having fun along the way!
Home CAN be a Heaven on Earth.  Do you think Heaven is full of stacks of random paper with completely disorganized cupboards? 

No comments:

Post a Comment