Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snacks for a Crowd

When we can find someone who can stand to spend time with us, we like to feed them.  Usually it's dinner or something, but we also have people over between meals sometimes and it's nice to have a little snack with them.  Here are a few ideas for things that aren't too expensive:

Popcorn (popcorn balls or just with a little butter and a sprinkle of salt)
Homemade Granola Bars
Banana Bread
Peanut butter hearts (if there are no allergies), this is great for kids, you just take a piece of brad, smear peanut butter on it like you would if you were making a sandwich, and then make a heart shape in the peanut butter with the tip of the spreading knife!
Fruit (apples cut into slices, clementines (make sure no one chokes!), grapes, watermelon. etc.
No Bake Cookies
Peach Cobbler
Chocolate Lentil Cake
Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Cookies (remember, you can replace the fat with cooked pureed beans!)


These are also the snacks that I sometimes feed my kids between meals, though I may have to have even more filling things when they are all teenagers (if they're like I was when I was a teenager I may have to make hamburgers between meals, but I digress)




This is linked to the four moms linky for feeding a crowd at Smockity Frocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment