Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I've never been much of a new years resolution kind of gal, but I am a set goals and stick to them kind of gal.  I have set some goals for myself in the past week or two, so I guess you could call those resolutions, but I didn't set them because it's a new year, I set them because I want to be a little healthier and more energetic.

Goal #1: No candy, sweets, cookies, or other sugary goodness EXCEPT family home evening (once a week) and birthdays. (since we have two birthdays on the same day does that mean I should have twice the cake and ice cream?  ......Probably not.)

Goal #2: Be in bed, fully ready to hopefully fall asleep by 11 p.m. every night.  Tonight doesn't count because it's New Years.  I have always been a real night owl, and when I do go to bed I have a hard time falling asleep.  Although in Basic Training I managed to be in bed by 9 every night and fall asleep very quickly, go figure, of course I was up at some point for an hour for guard duty and then up for the day at 4:30 and doing physical stuff     all... day... long. But I'm drifting from the point.  Anyway, I need to get to be earlier to try to get my body to fall asleep at a decent hour.



That's it.  Two small goals that I think will greatly help be have energy to tackle the bigger goals of things like organizing and doing more varied activities with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment