Monday, November 14, 2011

Pizza Sauce

A while back, I posted about the worlds best spaghetti sauce.  I've tried it on pizza too but it never quite seemed to fit.  On Sunday, my husband's cousin was in town and we decided to make pizza.  I didn't know what modifications to make to the spaghetti sauce so I figured I'd make it regular and just go with it.  Then I discovered that we were almost out of beef and we were completely out of beef bouillon. So I did a half pound of beef and no bouillon, an since I was spreading it I didn't add corn starch either, and while I was at it I tweaked a few other ingredients too.  It came out BEAUTIFULLY!  We put barbeque sauce and cheddar cheese on it to make a hamburger pizza and it was a huge hit.   I felt so accomplished!  Here's the recipe for the pizza sauce:

1/2 Lb. ground beef
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 oz.) can tomato soup
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbs. onion powder
1 Tbs. parsley
1/2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. black pepper



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment