Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sun dress

A while back I made a summery dress with this patternSimplicity Sewing Pattern 5189 Misses Dresses, KK (8-10-12-14).  Well for my birthday, my mom sent me a gift card to JoAnn fabric (thanks mom!), I went there and the fabric I liked was on sale!  So I got enough fabric for two dresses and have made one already!
My five year old daughter also made me a necklace out of clear beads and insisted that I wear it while taking the picture.
I make a few changes to the pattern.  I shortened the sleeves, didn't put any facing on the inside collar, and when it came to hemming, I just did a ziz zag stitch all along to raw edge, and then folded it up and did a straight stitch to hold it up.  It was SOOOOOO much easier than folding it over twice and trying to get it to stay and not going crazy!  I also made the tie a lot wider and made a smaller hem on it so I didn't go crazy turning it right side out!  And I made the tie one long part and didn't attach it to the dress so I can switch it up with other belts later on if I want to.  I'm pleased with the way it came out!

1 comment: